It’s been about five weeks since Google released its new search algorithm known as Mobilgeddon.
Whether you understand algorithms or not, the bottom line is this: when people search with their mobile device, if your site is not mobile friendly, you’ll drop in the search rankings.
The reasons Google made this change are pretty straightforward. More than half of all of Internet search is conducted on mobile devices. It makes sense that the search results shown are compatible with the device being used for each search.
You may not have noticed any change in website traffic – yet. Google said it would take some time to see the resulting changes. With more than 100 BILLION worldwide searches every month, how long do you suppose that will take?
Regardless of how long it takes, here’s what you need to do about it:
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly. Not just your home page – the change affects all pages – landing and blog pages included.
- Keep producing quality content. Quality is defined as information that educates your prospects and clients in a format that is compatible with the devices they are searching with.
- Don’t get pushed to the bottom of the search results. Get a free mobile web assessment from Crest Consulting and improve your marketing results.
Click here for a free website evaluation. There’s no obligation and no credit card is required.
Fill in the information on the request page and we’ll analyze your pages and have someone contact you. As part of the assessment, we will review:
- Mobile compatibility
- Mobile SEO optimization
- Website navigation
- Landing pages & lead-gen forms
Have you been affected? Let us know in the comments section below.
At Crest we help companies that want to grow
- Create content that separates them from their competition
- Become subject matter experts in their field.
- Measure the effectiveness of their marketing $$
- Generate a consistent pipeline of high quality leads for less.
- Turn clients into evangelists.